Mission and Values
The Mission Partnership exists to draw Christian communities from Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas together in mission to:
- proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God
- teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- respond to human need by loving service
- seek to transform unjust structures of society
- strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain the life of the earth.
Mission Partnership Churches
- acknowledge God’s revelation in Christ
- confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the Scriptures
- are committed to proclaiming the gospel by common witness and service in the world in the power of the Holy Spirit
- seek a deepening communion with Christ and one another
to the glory of the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Sign up to our mailing list
It is with sadness we inform you of the death of Rev Gordon Simmonds on 19th February. Gordon was the Methodist Superintendent in MK from the late 1970s to the early 1980s and played a significant role in the development of ecumenism in Milton Keynes.
At our Spring Assembly on Tuesday 9th March we will take the opportunity to explain something of Mission Partnership itself and take away some of the mystery!
The first Sunday in Lent always centres around those strange and disturbing texts in the gospels which tell the story of the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness. It has often struck me that there is a “fourth temptation” which precedes the other three and without which there is no story at all, indeed there is no story about Jesus at all.