Policy Statement – Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults at Risk
This statement was adopted by the Trustees of MK Mission Partnership on 10 July 2019
- We believe God desires every person to be loved unselfishly and kept free from harm. It is therefore the responsibility of each one of us who are a part of the church to safeguard all who are vulnerable and to do all we can to prevent the physical, sexual or emotional abuse of children, young people and adults at risk of harm.
- To that end, we seek to ensure that all trustees, officers, employees and direct volunteers of the MK Mission Partnership understand this policy and know how to obtain support and help if they suspect someone is being harmed and understand their responsibility to do so. This policy will be displayed in the MK Mission Partnership office and on the website.
- The MK Mission Partnership recognises that it has a wide and diverse membership. It is not appropriate for the MK Mission Partnership to monitor or to support the people from member churches and organisations of the MK Mission Partnership, who are expected to have their own equivalent policies and to monitor and support accordingly.
- Where MK Mission Partnership employs any individual on behalf of another church or organisation, that church or organisation is expected to take safeguarding responsibility for that individual and is informed of that responsibility. The MK Mission Partnership will expect evidence of DBS clearance only.
- The trustees will appoint an appropriate individual as Safeguarding Officer and one of their number as Safeguarding Trustee. The Officer will be responsible for all matters of safeguarding within the MK Mission Partnership, including regular monitoring of DBS checks, ensuring appropriate training and any necessary risk assessments. The Safeguarding Officer will submit a report to every meeting of trustees.
- The policy will be reviewed annually at the June/July meeting of trustees.
- We are committed to properly recruiting, training and supporting those who work or are seeking to work with children, young people and adults at risk of harm, and to provide appropriate supervision. An appropriate recruitment form is appended to this document.
- All in positions of leadership, or who undertake any work directly for the MK Mission Partnership, involving working with children, young people and adults at risk of harm will be required to apply for a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will be inspected by the Safeguarding Officer.
- We are committed to working within the guidelines and procedures of current Government legislation and the policies and guidelines of the church denominations represented within the MK Mission Partnership, copies of which are available to view online.
- Each person working directly for MK Mission Partnership with children and young people and adults at risk will be given a contract, guidelines and advice on what to do if abuse is alleged or suspected.
- At all times we will take what children, young people and adults at risk of harm say seriously.
The Safeguarding Officer for Milton Keynes Mission Partnership is:
Jo Newall, tel 01908 261039, email email@example.com
The Trustee with responsibility is:
Rev Dawn Saunders, tel 01908 941085, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Children and Young People Under 18 Years Old
Milton Keynes Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub
tel 01908 253169/170, email email@example.com
address: Saxon Court, 502 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 3HS
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Team tel 01908 265545
NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000 Childline 0800 1111
Milton Keynes Council Safeguarding Adults Team
tel 01908 253773, email firstname.lastname@example.org
address: Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Team tel 01908 725005
All allegations concerning an employee or volunteer must be reported within 24 hours to the Local Authority Designated Officer email@example.com tel 01908 254300
Sign up to our mailing list
Dear Friends, This Lent, we have taken our annual journey towards Jerusalem and its...
We've added information to our website relating to the response to the COVID-19...
Dear Friends, It has been a privilege to take part in some of the conversations run by...