Winter Night Shelter MK writes:
“Urgently calling all night owls and early birds! Can you help us to get the night shelter open?
Our homeless guests are desperate to come in from the cold. Our overnight venues are ready, our beds are ready, our cooks are waiting in the wings. Right now, what prevents us from being able to open our Night Shelter service are some remaining essential gaps in our volunteer rotas. Can you help, or spread the word?
We urgently need to fill the following positions, running from 6th December to the end of March:
MORNING PACK DOWN and MORNING CLEANING volunteers (6am to 8am) on the following days:
- Mon (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
- Tue (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
- Thu (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
- Fri (Water Eaton Church Centre, Bletchley)
- Sat (Water Eaton Church Centre, Bletchley)
MORNING KITCHEN HELP (6am to 8am) on Wed mornings (the Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton).
NIGHT DUTY (9.30pm−6.30am). This involves keeping watch overnight as part of a small team. It is usually a quiet time so it is possible to read/relax/take turns to sleep during the shift. It involves being available in case of any unexpected eventualities in the night such as a guest having a problem or feeling unwell, or supervising evacuation in the event of a fire. Needed for:
- Mon pm to Tue am (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
- Wed pm to Thu am (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
- Sun pm to Mon am (The Ridgeway Centre, Wolverton)
If you can’t volunteer each week you can volunteer fortnightly or even on a more occasional basis. Please see our sign up forms for full details at https://www.winternightsheltermk.org/volunteer/
Thank you to everyone who enables us to help the homeless at this time of the year.”